This mid week segment, I wanted to cover some questions we weren’t able to get to on this past week’s show episode. I’ll be taking questions on cheap alternatives to Camtasia Studio, WordPress ecommerce plugins, and the best way to transcribe a video into a Kindle ebook.
Plus I’m posting a review of the Swivl. I introduced this cool little device to the audience at Podcamp Nashville and it definitely generated a lot of interest. It’s great for shooting video presentations.
On this review, I wanted to put the iPhone external mic feature to the test. So I set it up outside at a park down from my house. The result – the audio is amazing at over 20ft away!
Here are the positives:
- Nice smooth rotation as you move at distances of around 15ft away.
- Very clear external mic for the iphone. In my opinion every, it’s every bit as good as the Zi8 or Zi10 (if not better) hooked up to an Audio Technica mic.
- Comes with a mounting bracket for the Kodak Zi8 or Playtouch in case you don’t use the iPhone.
- Battery life is short. Probably around 4hrs. It takes 2 AA batteries in the mount and 2 AAA batteries in the remote lanyard. Unless you buy rechargeable batteries, it can get expensive.
- As I got around 2oft and beyond, the rotation although still good was not quite as smooth as the shorter distances.
You can see my review on the video below:
We’d love to hear what you think about our podcast. We’d also love to hear your questions about online marketing on the show. You can send your questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail message at 865-268-9314.