On this episode Steve P. Young, host of Mobile App Chat joins me to share his podcasting story.
Steve’s been podcasting for less than a year and is already bringing in about $3,000 a month from sponsorships and mastermind groups.
I really loved this interview with Steve because he cuts right through the fluff and get’s down to business.
He goes into great detail about launching his podcast Mobile App Chat, a show focused mainly on developing and marketing mobile apps. On his podcast, he regularly brings in new app developers to talk about their latest launch.
Steve records 2-3 shows a week and currently gets about 12,000 downloads a month.
Steve share’s openly how he’s been able to bring in $3,000 a month from a show that’s still relatively young and doesn’t have an enormous audience.
Part of that revenue comes show sponsors like 99Designs.com who pay $500 a month. The other big part of his income comes from his mastermind group. Steve share exactly how he structured this group and how he prices it for members.
Along with developing his show, Steve also develops apps and talks about a new camera app he’s working on for making better “selfies”called Osnap.
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode:
- How to land your first podcast show sponsor
- How to build a paid mastermind group from your podcast show, and why you don’t need a large tribe to do this
- Why you don’t have to be the “go-to”expert when starting a podcast
- Why podcast titles are so important for SEO value
- Why it’s important to share your vulnerabilities with your audience
- How to find regular guests for your show to help you deliver fresh, unique content
- And much, much more!
Enjoy the show!