We often get questions about the tools we use for creating our websites and information products. So in order to make it easier for our subscribers and listeners, we’ve finally created our recommended resources page.
All the tools you need to get started building passive income online are listed right here for your convenience.
- WordPress: In the world of blogging, there is no other. Nuff said.
- Thesis Theme: This is what we use for this site and we love it. Easy to read and customize, great for SEO, and provides very fast load times. If you are creating a podcast or blog, I would definitely recommend going with thesis.
- Studio Press: Studio Press is what I recommend for building premium looking websites that don’t look like a blog site. They offer some of the best looking themes for creating great looking small business websites.
- Hostgator: Almost all of our websites are hosted with hostgator. They offer 1-click WordPress installation and 24/7 technical support. In my 3 years of using hostgator, I have never had a single bad experience. Not only that they have great pricing packages that let you get started for under $10 a month.
- Aweber: Aweber is one of the best email marketing systems around.
- Premium List Magnet: This is one of the most powerful WordPress plugins I’ve come across for building your subscriber list.
- Market Samurai: This is the best tool for keyword research. I’ve tried others like Keyword Elite, and Micro Niche Finder and there’s no competition. Market Samurai is the best available in my opinion.
- Google Adwords Tool: This is a great tool for deciding what keywords to use for your adwords campaigns
- Kunaki: This is the best place to go for getting your CDs and DVDs shipped out to your customers.
- Clickbank: One of the most popular digital product retailers. Offers a great affiliate program for getting your ebooks, video or audio content sold.
- E-junkie: This is the shopping cart we use on this site to sell our DVD’s and digital products. Works like a charm!
Outsourcing (freelance writers)
Creating Niche Websites
- The Best Spinner: Most of the article spinners I’ve tried in the past were junk; but The Best Spinner is the real deal when it comes to spinning your articles for the web.